Australian Warranty Network Pty Ltd A.B.N. 78 075 483 206
AWN Pty Ltd A.B.N. 52 118 039 295
KaCare Pty Ltd A.B.N. 70 111 865 993
Your Privacy Is Important To Us
- AWN, AWN and KaCare are bound by the Privacy Legislation and the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) ("Privacy Law").
- Please note that if at any time we are required by law to release information about you or your organization, we must cooperate fully.
- Our acts or practices that are directly related to employee records of current or former employees; and
- Other matters that are exempted under the Privacy Law.
What Sort Of Information Do We Collect?
- We collect information about you ("Information") in a number of different ways:
- Applicants: Information on application forms for any of our mechanical breakdown warranty contracts or any other contract or policy for which we are administrator ("Warranty Contract"). This is so we can decide whether to accept your Warranty Contract application and if so on what terms, or administer your policy/contract.
- Claimants: Information from you or other third parties to enable us to process your claims and decide whether any claims you make should be accepted and their value.
- Dealers and other with whom we do business information on any forms or documents or given orally to enable us to effectively perform business with you including, without limitation:
- To assess any entitlement you may have under any of our incentive programs (if applicable).
- To ascertain the number and value of Warranty Contracts sold to your customers.
What Happens If You Do Not Provide The Information?
- If you do not provide the information to us:
- We do not have sufficient information to consider your application for a Warranty Contract or to decide whether your claim should be accepted.
- We are unable to assess any entitlement you may have under any of our incentive programs we may offer to you. (c) We will not have sufficient information to properly service your needs.
Why Do We Collect The Information And How Is Your Information Used By Us?
- We collect the Information to provide specific products and services. For example, to decide whether to offer you a Warranty Contract (and if so on what terms) and to process claims.
- We also use the Information to send you information (either by e-mail, fax or post) you request or to update you on developments and other products and services we offer. If at any time you receive material that you did not request or do not want to receive this material any more, please contact us and advise us of this.
Who Do We Disclose Personal Information To?
- We will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless you consent, unless set out below. The parties to whom we would usually disclose personal information include:
- Third parties who can assist in processing your claims and who can help us decide whether any claim you make should be accepted and the value of your claim e.g. Repairers, Consultants, the Dealer through whom you purchased the Warranty Contract.
- Any Underwriter or other party for whom we are a Warranty Contract administrator.
- Any party who enables us to provide you with an incentive program or who enables us to effectively perform business with you.
- Any other entity related to or associated with us.
- We may aggregate (i.e. not individual) reports, which will incorporate some of the Information. The reports are to be for use by our business partners. However, these reports will not include any personally identifiable information.
How Will We Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
- We have security measures a reasonable similar type business would put in place, which are designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under our control.
- These security measures include:
- Network authentication.
- Restricted access to information storage areas.
- Confidentiality agreements with many employees and contractors who are likely to deal with personal information supplied by you.
Correcting & Updating Your Profile
- We give you the following options for accessing and modifying Information previously provided:
- Subject to the exceptions in the Privacy Law, you may gain access to Information that we have collected about you, by contacting the person named below. We will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless we incur costs in providing the information. (We are entitled to charge reasonable costs for our time in providing the information.)
- You may notify us of any corrections/updates you require by mail, fax or e-mail. Contact details appear below.
The Privacy Officer
P. O. Box 4301 Loganholme, QLD 4129
Telephone Number: (07) 3802 5577
Facsimile Number: (07) 3801 1539